Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Awkward...

I created this blog about a month ago, and have yet to write anything! I started to...honest. I hemmed and I hawed...I wrote and I revised...I trashed and I rewrote...I edited and I...you get it. And then, I joined a quilt guild! I was politely asked if I had a blog.  "I do," I hesitantly responded, "but, I...um...haven't written anything yet." How embarrassing! I explained that I was having trouble with an introductory post, and they all said to skip it!  So here I am, pulling the trigger, and writing a non-introductory-introductory blog post.

I can't help myself though, so here is just a little bit about me. I only started quilting about 2 3 (!) months ago, but I'm already hooked.  I've known how to knit and crochet since I was a kid, but have really only gotten back into it in the past 7 or 8 years.  I used to cross-stitch quite often, but it's taken a backseat to everything else.  So, while I'm no expert, I thought I would go ahead and toss my ideas out there.  Share the little tips and tricks that I've learned (and perhaps share a bit of my fiber obsessions) with the rest of the crafting world.  I've learned so much in a short time, and can't wait to share it with you.

Oh, wait, before you go! Here are two quick pics of my very first quilt! Pre and post binding.  It's the Sophie Car Seat Quilt over at Moda Bake Shop. (One of my very favorite sites!) I used Hoo's in the Forest by Doohickey Designs for Riley Blake.


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog post! I'm looking forward to following your posts.
    JoanneGram

    ReplyDelete